Monday, January 12, 2009

que Rocky theme music...

thanks for everyone's dvd suggestions i have looked most of them up and am considering buying a couple on ebay in the near future, so thanks they were all very appreciated!
today's eats were pretty standard and boring so no pics, sorry, except for this one of a new Kitz bar flavor i hadn't tried:
It's called super supreme, however i was disappointed (did not live up to the name super!) it was okay but the goji&choc one i had the other day surpassed it by miles!

Anyway as for the name of the post title...for about 1 year now i have been very on and off with running. I'll keep it up regularly for a couple weeks then i'll have no motivation for a couple months then i'll run just one day out of a week and so on and on in a vicious circle!! After reading so many fabulous posts on running lately & asking about it on Oh She Glows I've decided to take it up again, this time with a little more knowledge and alot more motivation! I'm hoping just writing about it on my blog will give me some incentive to wake up every morning and go for a jog. I bought this new heart rate/ calorie/step counter the other day which i will use, though to be honest i'm not entirely sure of its accuracy cause it was pretty cheap!
As suggested i'm going to begin with a jog/walk combo and slowly try and build that up, so wish me luck! Oh and if anyone has any other tips, anything would be great
Your all so fantastic, so have a brilliant day!!
p.s Oh and by the way on model behavior there is a giveaway, so be sure to check it out!

22 comments:

Ali said...

I wish I could get up early & go for a jog Amira! That's so awesome that you are going to do that more often! Way to go! :)

Unknown said...

i think you like pink! right? =)
never seen those bars before~

Anonymous said...

g'luck on your jog/walk..I would try walking for 3 then jogging for 1.5 minutes, then repeating that as long as you can...gradually you could decrease the amount of time you walk. That Kitz bar looks really interesting, I have never seen them before

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thank you so much :) I am digging your blog as well. I am so jealous of those mushrooms your mom picked. I hope I can come pick some wild Australian mushrooms soon. My friend spent almost a year in Perth and some east cost cities, and I've been dying visit ever since hearing her stories.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the running - I LOVE running, though I hated it with a passion most of my life - it was just something I had to do to warm up before lifting or sometimes in school. Then, one day it hit and I just loved it. I broke my foot in a bike accident last November and I haven't been able to run (yet) and it's killing me!

Anonymous said...

I'm not an expert runner but I like interval programs because it build up your endurance and gives you breaks! Thre are a bunch online--if you're on a treadmill you can play with the incline and stuff.
Good luck!

Sophia Lee said...

good luck with taking up running again! It'd actually be more fun if you can find a running partner.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amira, you inspired me to try and make my own larabars today, I linked to you on my recent post, hope thats ok :) good luck with your running! I can't wait to hear how you get on xxx

aussirish said...

heya girlie,
thats great your taking up running again :) im currerntly trying to take it up too...i do a 40 min walk every morning with jogging intervals as i tend to only be able to jog for a few mins at a time and need to walk again.if u find any good tips let me know :)
have a great day!!
xxxx

Megan said...

okay so i have a really nasty habit of looking at all of the pictures in a post and then going back to read, and when i saw your step counter/hr monitor, i thought it was a scale and the 1103 meant 1103lbs! lol i dont know where my head was.

yay for raw food bars!

Kiki said...

Good luck with running! I can never keep it up for more than a day or so.

Jenny said...

hey love!

I think it's great that your taking up running again. Exercise can be such a positive outlet :)! There's nothing better than getting your head together and really reflecting during a nice long jog (except when it's super cold outside!!)

Have a wonderful day <3

Molly said...

ah I really want a HR monitor watch! I might buy one with some of my Christmas money!

aredcardigan said...

hehhe i like your workout shoes! they are pink! too cute;)

Ali said...

Hey Amira!! Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for that comment on my blog! YOu have no idea how great that made me feel!! :D

And yeah, Frost/Nixon is rated R. :( But thats also what my brother said--only a few swear words.

And Bride Wars looks really funny!

Thanks. I hope my day improves as well. :D

And yes, Napoleon Dynamite rocks!

x said...

I ordered some Kitz bars, they should be on their way to me now, I can't wait. I also made some 'Larabars' and they were delicious, so you should deffo make your own sometme!

Also, good work on the running. I am not and never will be a runner, I am a fast walker but that's about it. I think you can train yourself to be a runner by building up the amount you run compared to walking. Good luck!

Erica said...

GOOOOD luck with the running challenge! Hope the HRM works well. Sorry the bar was not so good. What is your Wednesday looking like?

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did you get that counter? I could really use one. Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

omg where do you buy those bars? they look yummy-licious!

Em said...

good luck starting up with the running! I have been wanting to get one of the calorie/step counters...where did you find a cheap one?!

Theresa said...

I love your pink runners!

brooke said...

good luck with the jogging/walking! i occasionally go on walks but its only for relaxation :)

im sorry the bar did not live up to its name!