Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas, New Years and Nuggets all rolled into one neat package

I've had a blog break since just before Christmas cause I've been super busy and up at the Sunshine Coast (that's not where I live) visiting rellies. anyway i'm back and ready to post about my food eatin again!

By the way loved everyone's christmas posts I read so many and they were really great, I'd love to live in the States just to have a traditional white christmas with snow and sledding and ice skating and all that jazz. Down here it has been sweltering hot like everyday! Anyway enough with my complaining here is some food....














This is a delicious antioxidant salad from the Healthy Skin Diet, it's got baby spinach, grated carrot, grated apple, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and a tasty apple cider vinegar/ mango chutney dressing which complements the sweetness of the salad oh so nicely. On the side I had nutty nuggets from this really cool cookbook called BJ's Yummy Vegan Recipes, I bought it from this little vegan restaurant I discovered which serves the most amazing adzuki bean patties and vegan ice-cream, anyway back to the point the nuggets were delicious!















Later on that day I tried an organic food bar called Active greens, which was okay but nothing too special anyway hope everyones new years were great
talk to you soon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Salad, I will have to check out that book soon!

Erica said...

Thanks for the review on the bar. I have never seen that one before? Your salad sounds awesome! I love apples and raisins in salads! They add the perfect amount of sweet. Hope you have a great day

Megan said...

love the salad! who doesnt want healthy skin!? yum.

tofufreak said...

those nutty nuggets sound good! :)