Friday, January 9, 2009

Flannery Fun

Today I stopped by Mrs Flannery's (a health food store) and picked up all these goodies:
It was such a fun trip, I hadn't been to the Robina Mrs Flannery's before & it's so much bigger & better than others! My haul included vegan parmesan, wakame, a bliss bar, mungbean & soybean organic chips, torula yeast, freeze-dried apricots, apple cider vinegar, a kitz super supreme bar as well as kitz herb, dulse & spirulina crackers and some blackstrap molasses! I was so excited, plus mum doesn't think i've been getting enough iron lately and she talked about it to one of the women working there who suggested i drink a warm glass of soymilk with 3tblsp molasses at night before bed to increase my iron intake, which is no problem with me- sounds yum!

After my successful shop we stopped by a little organic vegan restaurant (cause obviously we hadn't bought enough food that day!) The cafe called One World Love Cafe had the yummiest sounding dishes; i found it hard not to say 'i'll have one of everything!' However I was able to restrain myself and ended up with a scrumptious aduki bean patty. It was good crispy on the outside and all squishy goodness inside...
I then tried one of their green smoothies, it was made with apple, spinach and parsley though the parsley was hugely overpowering it so it tasted like i was drinking pure parsley. I'm not the hugest parsley fan in the world but I drank it up anyway knowing how super good it is for me

Mum tried their potato bake with a side salad which she absolutley adored!
I was pretty full after downing my parsley smoothie but i desperately wanted to try the goji berry & coconut slice they had so I took one home for later and it was SU-PERB! So good, this picture in no way does it justice. It was sweet but not too sweet with a hit of coconut-ty deliciousness & a slight goji berry undertone
Anyway I really wanna buy a good yoga dvd on ebay but I can't decide. Anyone know of a really good yoga dvd?? Also I'm going to take the suggestions of several people and make my own lara-type style bars so watch out for those comin your way soon

Keep smiling everyone :)

24 comments:

aredcardigan said...

mrs flannery's sounds like my kinda store!

the goji berry/coconut slice sounds right up my alley too!

ilovecoconut in desserts. yums!

aussirish said...

heya girlie,
ooo lovely yummy buys :) and ur meal out looked so good. especially that amazing cocnut slice, i <3 coconut!!

ooo i cant wait to see what type of homemade laral bars you come up with, i actually wanna make them too so id be grateful for any reciepes :)

have a great day
xxxx

Kiki said...

Great buys from the health food store! I love molasses sooo much. I wish there was a vegan restaurant around here, all of that looks so great!

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS eats!!! I love the green smoothie and bean patty. Yummy.

Can't wait to see the homemade larabars =)

Sophia Lee said...

yum!! bean patty looks SO good!I love adzuki beans...
what are you planning to do with the yeast?

Jenny said...

m'mm that dessert looks great! Anything with coconut in it is right up my alley ;)!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ooooh, sensational creations - yum!!


**My favorite yoga DVD series:


http://www.naturaljourneys.com/Ultimate_Yoga_Makeover_5_DVD_Set_p/gh3619.htm

Anonymous said...

Yum, love your eats! Have a great day!

Ali said...

You got a lot of great stuff Amira!

And everything that you got at that cafe looks amazing!

Tell me if the soymilk and molasses combination tastes good! I think I might need more iron too.

Taylor said...

Mrs. Flannery's sounds so cool! And that cake sounds A-Mazing!!
By the way: "Whoa that jacket is Amira!" HAHa!!!
I can't wait to see your larabars and getting the recipe!

Lauren said...

Great goodies you got at the store! I am a big sea veggie fan! :)

That smoothie sounds great! I love parsley! And that pie..mmm!

I like Gaiam Power yoga with Rodney Yee. It's an hour long and it's pretty strenous.

Can't wait for those homemade Lara Bars!

Jensy said...

Mmm vegan stuff looks really tasty!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of blogs and stuff about green smoothies lately... I must admit I'm getting rather intrigued!

Molly said...

Oh the green colored smoothie looks so pretty!!

Unknown said...

This place sounds like a really neat store. I love going to places like that and just looking around for new things to try.

Kristen's Raw said...

The soymilk with molasses sounds so yummy! And, I'm a huge fan of green smoothies - "yay" to you for drinking it down even if it had too much parsley :)

Cheers,
Kristen

Erica said...

What a fun day! Great purchases and a fab lunch! I cannot wait to see your lara style bars. You must post the recipe!!

brooke said...

fun food purchases! my iron level is low too - keep us informed on how it tastes :)

yummy eats! the salad looks gorgeous! and your coconut berry dessert! i love anything coconut :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love seeing other people's grocery hauls. Gives me new ideas for my own shopping trip. =)

Alyssa said...

Shelby does have the best combos :)

oh! What I have pictured there actually is green tea iced tea XD I have been drinking it nonstop (But I always have a nice large mug of hot tea in the morning)
I love green tea iced tea. It tastes so much better then plain old water. plus no sugar or anything.
nothing quences thirst like a large cold glass of GTIT!
-Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Your meals look marvellous and such a bonus that they are healthy too! I'd love to try everything there! :)

Theresa said...

That cafe sounds really great. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Brissie!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

What a delicious feast! I want some of that coconut-ty deliciousness!

Anonymous said...

Now your making me hungry and also making me want to go training :P