Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feedbag(&more)

Jack is fine- thank gosh! The vet said the tumor was as big as a football and weighed almost 4kg! Jack has to stay at the vet a couple nights and Kira is missing him terribly but at least he's okay, thankyou all so much for the support.
Today was so productive, as much as i love chilaxed, lazy days i always feel great at the end of a day when i know i've achieved some much needed stuff. It was a shopping day (the best kind of day!) i found a new school bag at David Jone's which is so cute, it's called a feedbag and ever one bag bought feeds a child for a year. It's reversible and really big, so very useful for my school stuff.

I also found these raw food bar things that are so cool, there my version of the larabar since i've yet to be able to get any! I ate an apple, vanilla and cinnamon one today and am saving this bad boy for tomorrow:
I also watched the Frost/Nixon movie at the Arts Centre, it was so well done! The acting was amazing, especially the man who played Nixon, he was so incredible. Dinner tonight was a mish-mash of things we needed to get rid of in the fridge. I had carrot sticks dipped in this delicious kalamata olive and cashew dip with corn, asparagus and grilled mushrooms filled with homemade 'cheeze' (it's basically nutmeat but it tastes really good!)

Anyway I have to jet, I have to hurry to work before I'm late. Have a fantastic day
Oh and p.s expect to see some seitan being made tomorrow-yeah!

14 comments:

Tara said...

So glad to hear about Jack! Your dinner looks really good!

jd said...

That "Kitz Bar" looks delish! And I'm glad to hear that Frost/Nixon was good - I've been wanting to see it...

PS I'm happy your dog is okay!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear Jack is okay! And I love the bag, I always need oversized bags for school because I hate carrying my stuff in my arms =)

Love your eats today! That bar looks really delicious and your dinner sounds fabulous. I love mish-mashed dinners like that

Taylor said...

Your food today looked so good!!! So happy that Jack is doing better!

aussirish said...

glad to hear jacks ok!! oh i dont live in australia at the moment..wish i did tho..i miss the weather, im living in irealnd at the mo while you guys enjoy the amazing summer weather :)
oo that bar looks nice! and the bags really cute.
hope ur having a nice wednesday
x

Jenny said...

I love that bag girl! It looks like it will fit a buttload of goodies and it's for such a great cause! You are a sweetheart :)

I'm super glad to hear Jacks okay! and Kira will have her buddy back soon!

Have a fabulous day at work love <3 xoxo!

Sophia Lee said...

yay I'm glad your pup is ok!
I've always been curious about this raw food diet thing (their meals sound so interesting and cool and colorful) but knew it wouldn't help me gain weight which I really need right now...what's your experience with it so far?

Kiki said...

Aw, poor Jack! I hope he gets better soon. Yummy foodage today. And I love the bag! I've seen them at Whole Foods and I'm considering getting one.

Ali said...

I'm so glad Jack is okay! that's such great news!!

And that's a REALLY cool bag and it helps feed a child for a year! That's so GREAT Amira! :D

Ohhh man, I really want to see Frost/Nixon! My brother saw it & said it was really fantastic. I wonder if i could see it...I don't know, I'm only 14 so... But I do really want to see it!

Unknown said...

i'm SOO glad to hear that everything is okay with your dog. :) that's awesome.
oh and your dinner looks quite delish! excited to see what you do with seitan!

Megan said...

omg that dinner is heaven! love it :) i love those faux cheeses you can make, anything to get more nuts into my tummy!

x said...

Good to hear Jack is ok, splenic tumours are often big and it's good to keep the patients in over night to be able to monitor them post-op. I am sure he will be happy to get home to you v.soon!

Theresa said...

I'm so glad to hear Jack is okay!

Twilight Princess said...

thanks for the comment dear! the food in your blog is making my mouth water! yum! Cheers to Twilight and Edward!! :)